In the ever-evolving landscape of beauty and fashion, hair extensions emerge that captivate the world and transform the way you perceive yourselves. Perhaps you’ve admired the way they effortlessly enhance one’s appearance, transforming a simple hairstyle into a mesmerizing work of art. However, have you ever wondered about their true hair sources – where these hair extensions come from? Today, we embark on a journey to peel back the layers and unveil the enigma behind hair extensions, exploring the origins of these luxurious locks and delving into the often untold story of where they truly come from.
I. Where Do Hair Extensions Come From?
Hair extensions are gradually becoming a phenomenon in the beauty industry. Hair extension wholesale is currently a very profitable sector. The profession as a wholesale hair suppliers reseller is becoming increasingly popular which can be found all over the world in a variety of settings.
Nowadays, the 3 main and biggest hair sources on the planet are Asian, European, and South American. Our observations and analyses are detailed below.
II. Unveiling The Main Hair Sources In This Planet
Unveiling Asian Hair Sources
In Asia, Vietnam, China, and India have emerged as three power of major hair exporters. Their hair extensions are also very popular in the human hair industry because of their economic returns.
1. Chinese Wholesale Hair Suppliers
Chinese wholesale hair suppliers are one of the most well-known suppliers in the world, particularly in Asia. They have rather consistent sources of hair, that mainly come from “Chinese women” and “Hair imported from other countries”.
- Chinese women’s hair: this source is increasingly decreasing now. Only a few Chinese women in rural or mountainous areas sell their hair for a living these days. In terms of the quality of local Chinese women’s hair, it is not very good. Due to the fatty diet and the unusually cold climate, the original hair is frequently thin, fragile, and prone to tangling or shedding.
- Hair imported from other nations is becoming the primary supply of Chinese wholesale hair supplier manufacturers. The main suppliers of hair resources to Chinese hair manufacturers are from adjacent nations such as India among others. These types of hair are also of poor quality.
2. Indian Wholesale Hair Suppliers
Indian wholesale hair suppliers are Asia’s second of well-known hair sources. Indian hair is 100% local human hair that is plentiful and inexpensive. More specifically, Indian hair is derived from two main sources: Temple hair and Hairballs.
- Temple hair is hair that has been collected from the temples. Every year, Hindus go on pilgrimage to temples and shave their heads and sacrifice their hair. This hair will subsequently be gathered and sold to hair suppliers at a low cost.
- Hairballs are sources collected from the habit of picking up hairs falling out of Indian women to the hair collected in public bathrooms.
3. Vietnamese Wholesale Hair Suppliers
People in this industry may have no strange Vietnamese hair – the highest quality hair on the market and one of the best choices for wholesale hair sellers. In the world of hair extensions, there are qualities of hair that are undeniably the best. With Vietnamese hair, there aren’t many other types of hair that compare to the elasticity and endurance of Vietnamese hair extensions.
Vietnamese hair has a clear and qualified hair source. Vietnamese wholesale hair merchants have only one hair source: local human hair, which is highly strong, silky, not tangled or shedding, and extremely durable due to the healthy lifestyles of Vietnamese women. This is the unrivaled strength of Vietnamese hair, which no other supplier can match.
European and South American Hair Sources
1. European Hair Sources
UK hair is often natural blond in color and of great quality. The natural color is collected from native people, and some are imported as well.
- Local UK hair is extremely rare and expensive. Few people accept to sell their hair for money despite having a good standard of living. As a result, this type of hair is extremely scarce.
- Imported hair is that of Asian countries. Because its natural color is black, the hair must be bleached beforehand. If the source is qualified virgin hair, the bleached hair will be of high quality as well.
2. South American Hair Sources
Latin America as a whole is a massive market for wholesale hair suppliers. Brazil, Peru, Mexico, Chile, and Argentina are the top hair providers. The majority of the hair, in fact, is Chinese hair, which is named after these countries. This enables such a common hair type to become distinguished and high-quality. As a result, hair prices are substantially higher than usual.
In uncovering the origins of hair extensions, one undeniable truth stands out: transparency in sourcing is crucial. Consumers have the right to know where their hair extensions come from and how they are obtained. As consumers, we hold the key to driving change in the hair extension industry. By arming ourselves with knowledge about the sources of hair extensions and the practices of different brands, we can make ethical and responsible choices. Through blogs, articles, and discussions, we can spread the word and inspire others to make conscious decisions about their hair extensions.