So you’ve made the fantastic decision to start a business selling hair extensions. The market for hair extensions is undeniably hot right now, therefore now is an excellent moment to establish your own success in this high-grossing business. Do you want to be a successful wholesale hair merchant but don’t know where to start? All of your questions regarding wholesale hair suppliers will be answered, from ambiguity in basic understanding to market, products, customers, and distributors study to actions to construct a plan!
I. Overview of Wholesale Hair Vendors
The first step in launching any business is to conduct market research. How much do you know about the hair industry? Do you have any idea where the hair comes from? Do you know what kinds of hair wholesale hair merchants sell? … How will you become one of the greatest wholesale hair providers resellers in such a saturated market if you don’t? Keep reading to obtain a basic understanding of the hair industry before starting your own.
1. Hair Source
Hair extension wholesale is currently a very profitable sector. A profession as a wholesale hair suppliers reseller is becoming increasingly popular. One of the most common worries is the source of hair extensions. Currently, the 3 biggest wholesale hair vendors on the planet are Asian, European, and South American, all of which feature the largest wholesale hair vendor factories.
2. A Variety of Hair Products
When studying the general market, one crucial thing to understand is the many types of hair extensions that are now available. Many terms are unfamiliar, especially to beginners, but you must remember and comprehend the meaning of all of them in order to keep your business.
a. Human Hair vs. Synthetic Hair
Human Hair: as its name implies, is hair cut from humans that have had its cuticle intact, has not been stripped, and is aligned in one direction.
Synthetic Hair: is made from a variety of artificial materials and contains no human hair at all. They can be made from acrylic, nylon, or polyesters, which are heated and sent through tiny microtubes to mimic the look and feel of hair strands.
b. Types of Hair
Clip-ins, Tape-ins, Weaves, Keratin, Nano Tip, Ponytail … what does it all mean? As the world of hair extensions continues to grow, so do the varieties of materials used for hair extensions, and available styles. If you are new to the world of hair extensions, there are so many different styles and terms that it might be overwhelming.
II. Start The Research
Another important step in the research process is to investigate the market of resellers.
1. Decide on the target market – potential customers
A target market is defined as the set of clients you want to reach. They are the people who are most likely to buy your stuff. So, how do you choose your target market? Try to answer the following questions:
- Who might be possible wholesale buyers for me? Is it another wholesaler, store, salon, or hairstylist…?
- Which customer group is the most plentiful and easiest to approach?
- Which one would I benefit from collaborating with?
- Which one will result in a long-term relationship?
2. Decide on a major marketplace
After making decisions about customers, you must also evaluate the marketplace – where you intend to promote your best hair extensions. There is no better approach than to conduct research and then respond to the following questions:
- Will I wholesale hair extensions on a local, country, specialized region, or global scale?
- What is the most powerful market in terms of purchasing power?
- Which one should I prioritize in my wholesale hair sellers business?
- Will I wholesale on a traditional or modern platform (E-Commerce)?
- Can I easily expand the marketplace in the future?
3. Be aware of other wholesale hair vendors – your competitors
Another key factor to consider while starting your own business is getting to know your competition. You can boost your competitiveness by studying and answering these questions:
- How many competitors do I have in my target market?
- What are their strong points? What are their flaws?
- What are my potential competitive advantages? How do I make the most of my opportunities…?
- What are my weak points? How can they be repaired?
When you are able to answer all questions concerning the general market, you have completed half of your preparation to become a wholesale hair merchant.
III. Decide What To Sell
You’ve decided to establish your own wholesale hair seller business. You have a general understanding of the field and market. Then you must determine what to sell in order to maximize your revenues in this competitive business.
1. Synthetic Hair Extensions – A Good Try For Newbies
If you are a beginner and want to try your hand at selling hair extensions, starting with the cheapest ones is a good place to start. This option will help you save money, but it will be a disadvantage if you want to grow your business and popularise your brand in the long run. Keep in mind that price and quality are inextricably linked, so go this route only if you don’t expect high-quality hair extensions and your target customers don’t, either.
2. Real Human Hair - The Most High-quality Hair Extensions
A counter-option to the one mentioned above is to sell high-quality hair extensions. It is appropriate if your goal is to construct a long-term business and gradually establish a reputation for qualified hair extensions. The sources of goods for this choice are also very plentiful.
3. How about combining the choice?
Another fantastic way is to import a variety of hair extensions at the same time: buy both cheap and costly hair, lower and higher quality hair, and a variety of sorts and styles such as virgin, raw, Remy, tape-in, closure, clip-in, and so on. This is said to be one of the best options for first-time wholesale hair suppliers because:
- Creating diversity for your items makes them easier to sell as compared to purchasing only one type of hair and can lead to being unmarketable.
- Creating opportunities to study consumer behavior, to discover which is simpler to sell, and to evaluate which is more important to focus on in your future wholesale hair vendors’ business.
- Assisting in the expansion of the target market when you wish to extend your business size by satisfying the demands of various client files
After finishing researching all the necessary materials, what you need to do next is to build a detailed plan and carry it out!
IV. List of 3 Famous Wholesale Hair Factory in Vietnam To References
1. The Best Vietnamese Hair Company - AZ Hair Company
AZ Hair Company is one of the most professional and reputable Vietnamese organizations in hair manufacturers and trading natural raw hair, virgin hair, and Asian human hair around the world.
Started researching producing hair in 2004. To this day, with more than 17 years of operation experience, our organization is mainly engaged in research, and the production of the highest quality hair items. During 17 years of operation, we always continually strive to provide the most complete satisfaction to the customer even with the hardest ones. We always build a brand name for ourselves as well as our reputation in the international market. Our products are exported to many countries all around the world, including the United States, France, the United Kingdom, Germany, Nigeria, and South Africa.
All production procedures are meticulously monitored, and we established an impeccable quality control system. All items must pass a stringent inspection to ensure the quality of each item before shipment. We are proud that all our customers get the best product from AZ Hair.
2. APO Hair Vietnam
APO Import Export Joint Stock Company was founded in 2011 and is one of Vietnam’s leading firms in the field of hair export to the international market. They always strive to improve the quality of their products to maintain their consumers’ trust.
3. MIC Hair Vietnam
MICVIET Investment Company Limited is one of the leading Vietnamese companies that specialize in trading natural raw hair, virgin hair, and Asian human hair with countries all over the world. They’ve accumulated a lot of experience in the hair industry and research over the years.