It is often said that jewelry is the best friend of women. But, it would not be an exaggeration to claim that besides jewelry, Hair extensions are also the best friends of women. And we are quite sure that when looking at the long, luscious locks that are widely featured in hair commercials, magazine advertisements, and salons’ Instagram pages, a large number of women dream of having Rapunzel-like locks. If you’re one of them, then what you need is hair extensions. No. Rapunzel didn’t have them, but AZ Hair have them. We can help you reach your “long hair goals” and increase hair fullness without spending months growing it.
Ready to add a few more inches to your hair and glow with elegance wherever you go? Here’s how to choose the best hair extensions.
I. 5 Things Have To Consider When Purchase Extensions?
There are numerous types and styles of hair extensions available, so you have to really think about what you want. They vary in color, length, and thickness, so you have to decide which suits your taste and needs. Aside from taking the price, final look, and reputable hair vendor into account, you must consider some other factors when choosing hair extensions.
Among the tons of hair extension options available in the market, you can choose between two main types: Human Hair or Synthetic Hair.
- Human hair, true to its name, is made from natural human hair from top to bottom.
- Synthetic hair extensions, on the other hand, consist of all artificial, fine-blended fibers. The plastic used to make it is manufactured to imitate the look and feel of natural human hair as much as possible.
Needless to say, the first type looks and feels more natural and is easier to style; it is also significantly more expensive.
Whatever you are buying, you must look for high-quality stuff. In the world of hair extensions, those made from human hair give the best quality you can look for. Common origins of hair extensions include Chinese, European, and Indian. Each hair extension type is suitable for various hair textures.
However, people who like hair extensions have been flocking to Vietnamese hair manufacturers recently. Vietnamese hair is well-known for its lovely, fantastic texture and it would not be an exaggeration to claim that Vietnamese Human Hair is one of the highest quality hair that is highly valued by almost all vendors or wholesalers.
3. Textures & Colors
The vast styles available for hair extensions offer you a wide array of options to choose from; however, they do differ in how they look and feel. Unlike human hair extensions, synthetic hair extensions can feel coarse or wiry and may not blend seamlessly with your natural hair.
The color matching your natural hair is the next most important detail on your list when choosing an extension. Your hair extensions need to blend in with your natural hair. Always, compare the extensions’ color to your natural one until you find a match. It’s better to do that during the day, though. Daylight will reveal all the shades, letting you make a perfect choice. You don’t want to add blonde curls to brown hair, right?
The price of extensions varies and how much you pay is based on the quality that you wish to have and the technique used to apply. The hair industry requires high expertise and a pair of skillful hands and creativity to be able to create the most beautiful hairstyles. However, thanks to some factors like logistics and experience advantages, Vietnamese hair products have an affordable price in comparison with the other countries.
5. How Long Do Hair Extensions Last & How Are They Attached?
Depending on how long you can wear fake strands in your hair without having to remove them, extensions are divided into:
- Permanent – stay in your hair for several months
- Semi-permanent – remain in your locks for 6 to 8 weeks
- Temporary – are clipped in for a day or a night out and removed right after you get back home
II. What Type of Extension Attachment Will Work Best for Me?
Once you’ve decided which type of hair to purchase, you need to choose what form of attachment will work best for you based on its pros and cons.
- Easy to apply.
- Freedom to put them on and remove them whenever you want.
- You can buy them in multiple colors and styles to change up your look on a regular basis.
- Cannot be left in for extended periods of time as the clips can cause your hair to break.
- Need to be removed before going to bed.
- Their cheaper price range means that the hair itself is of low quality and won’t last long.
- Does not require heat or glue for application, thus reducing the damage to your hair.
- You can apply oil or silicone styling products to it.
- Ideal for thick hair.
- Can last for 2 to 3 years if maintained properly.
- No visible gaps, which makes it look supernatural.
- Recommended for people with short hair.
- Adds tons of volume.
- Not recommended for anyone with fine hair.
- The tight braids can cause pain in your scalp and, in extreme cases, traction alopecia.
- The heavy extensions can weigh down and cause headaches
- Require a lot of proper washing and maintenance.
- If not washed properly, your weave runs a risk of developing a bacterial infection … which is just gross.
- Need to be removed by a professional
- With an application time of fewer than 90 minutes, this is the fastest method of applying for hair extensions
- Easy to apply as no heat or other tools are required
- Minimal damage to hair as there’s no application of heat required
- Reduces the strain on your head as the extensions are spread over a large area of your head
- The extensions can be reused for 6-8 weeks after being removed
- The adhesive on the tape needs to cure for 24-48 hours, so you cannot wash your hair or undertake any strenuous activities that can cause you to sweat
- You cannot apply any silicone-based product or oil to your hair as they may cause the extensions to slip down
- Not recommended for swimmers for the aforementioned reason
- Hair cannot be comfortably tied up when these extensions are in
- Versatility with 360-degree movement and available in a variety of lengths, colors, and textures.
- Give your hair by far the most natural look and feel by attached to the hair in tiny sections with keratin bonds
- Easy application and less heat
- Low maintenance cost
- This application is time-consuming and can take about 2 to 4 hours to complete.
- The hair extension is used only once. These are bonds that cannot be reused.
- A good keratin hair extension is not cheap, especially a quality extension that is natural-looking and comes with the least amount of damage.
- Do not require heat or glue for attachment, hence reducing damage to hair.
- The extensions can be reused.
- Versatility in adjusting extensions follows the way you want.
- Blends seamlessly with your natural hair.
- Easy to wash.
- Not recommended for people with short or fine hair.
- Can cause discomfort and strain on your scalp.
- The clamping down of the extensions with the pliers can cause your natural hair to break.
- If not removed properly by a professional, it can damage your hair.
- Not possible to tie high ponytails.
In a nutshell, hair extensions are precious additions to your hair. Make sure to explore your options when planning to buy hair extensions. If you are still hesitant after you do your research, you can consult a hair technician for better advice.
If you are looking for high-quality human hair extensions, check out AZ Hair. Our products are available worldwide, and the wide variety of options means that we’ll have something that fits what you are looking for. Check out our collection today and start shopping!
Finally, have fun!